Thursday, January 28, 2010

The Sky and the Earth

Those are the objects the bluebird is said to represent by it's colors. The blue I saw flashing before my car's windscreen two days ago was something more deep blue, resembling the deeper ocean or royalty. I could not decide, but I was so surprised to see that color in the dead of winter, even though I do know the bluebirds stick around. Females are quite a bit 'duller' in color, if you can even call them dull at all, so this was likely a handsome male making it's way across the Ridge Road/Haviland Road intersection in Queensbury. Haviland seems to be a popular spot for this species, the early spring sighting I had of a bluebird last year was down Haviland, by Adirondack Community College.

1 comment:

suep said...

"the bluebird carries the sky on his back" so sez HDT (april 3 1852)

Sue